Work is one of the most fundamental aspects in a person’s life, providing the individual with a means of financial support and, as importantly, a contributory role in society. A person’s employment is an essential component of his or her sense of identity, self-worth and emotional well-being. – Chief Justice Dickson of the Supreme Court of Canada
Losing a job can be devastating. At SHIELDS HUNT DUFF, we work hard to resolve the many issues and challenges that our clients face when this happens. We dedicate ourselves to obtain fair and favourable results for you, while guiding you through the legal process to reach a solution.
Members of our team are well-placed to advise and represent you in all employment-related matters, including wrongful and constructive dismissal. In addition, we regularly advise clients with respect to:
- Harassment, bullying and violence in the workplace, and any related investigations;
- Human rights complaints and the duty to accommodate in the workplace;
- Employment benefits, including maternity and parental leave;
- Interpretation of employment contracts, independent contractor and consulting agreements, competition, solicitation and confidentiality agreements; and
- Employee rights flowing from the sale of a business.